Some ultimate notes from FSU’s 26-23 victory at Boston College
CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. — Here are some ultimate notes, stats and extra from Florida State’s 26-23 victory over Boston College at Alumni Stadium on Saturday afternoon:
– FSU shook up their beginning lineup as soon as once more. On offense, extensive receivers Ja’Khi Douglas and Andrew Parchment entered the beginning lineup, whilst Brady Scott were given a get started at proper guard rather than Devontay Love-Taylor. With Scott becoming a member of Robert Scott Jr., Dillan Gibbons, Maurice Smith and Darius Washington within the beginning lineup, it was once FSU’s 8th other beginning offensive line mixture this 12 months. On protection, DJ Lundy were given his tenth get started of the season after being absent from the beginning lineup final week.
– FSU’s captains on Saturday have been defensive ends Jermaine Johnson II and Keir Thomas, defensive take on Fabien Lovett, and tight finish Wyatt Rector.
– FSU received the toss on Saturday and deferred to the second one 1/2.
– FSU quarterback Jordan Travis was once 20-of-34 for 251 passing yards and 3 passing touchdowns, which equaled a career-high in passing touchdowns. It was once his 6th sport this season with more than one passing touchdowns. Travis has now thrown 108 consecutive passes with out an interception.
– Travis’s 20 completions are the second-most allowed by means of Boston College this season. The Eagles entered the week with 139 completions allowed, fewest within the country. His 251 passing yards are the second-most allowed this 12 months by means of BC (the Eagles entered Saturday third within the country, permitting 159.5 passing yards in line with sport).
– Travis’ 3 landing passes went to 3 other avid gamers – Ontaria Wilson, Malik McClain and Lawrance Toafili. Wilson now has a team-leading 4 receiving touchdowns at the season. McClain and Toafili each and every have two receiving touchdowns at the season.
– Tight finish Preston Daniel stuck a five-yard move in the second one quarter, his first reception of the season. On the season, 15 Seminoles have stuck a move and 11 have a minimum of one receiving landing.
– FSU entered the pink zone on 4 events on Saturday and got here away with 24 issues in the ones 4 visits – 3 touchdowns and a box function. FSU has now transformed on 29 consecutive pink zone visits. FSU has scored 174 issues on the ones 19 consecutive pink zone conversions.
– On the season, FSU has entered the pink zone 39 instances. They have scored a landing on 28 of the ones 39 pink zone visits (71.8%).
– FSU allowed 3 sacks and 7 tackles for loss at the day.
– FSU didn’t devote a turnover.
– FSU completed with 365 yards (251 passing/114 speeding). FSU had simply 134 yards in the second one 1/2 and simply 14 yards within the fourth quarter.
– FSU had 14 chew performs of their victory. They hit on 8 within the passing sport for 176 passing yards – longest unmarried play of 41 yards (Travis to Wilson). They hit on a couple of touchdowns (16, 15). They had six speeding performs for 86 yards, with the longest being a 19-yard scamper by means of working again Jashaun Corbin.
– FSU was once 2-of-10 (20.0%) on 3rd down conversions. They have been 0-of-2 (0%) on fourth down conversions – either one of which have been throw aways to finish halves.
– FSU dedicated a season-high 13 consequences on Saturday. They have been penalized 120 yards.
– BC completed with 318 yards (148 passing/170 speeding). The Eagles had simply 95 yards within the opening 1/2.
– BC had 9 chew performs of their loss. They hit 4 passes for 116 yards, together with a protracted of 44 yards (quarterback Phil Jurkovec to extensive receiver Zay Flowers) and a 36-yard landing (Jurkovec to Flowers). They had 5 rushes for 76 yards, with Jurkovec having 3 of them. The longest was once a 21-yard rush belonging to working again Alec Sinkfield.
– The Eagles have been 8-of-16 (50.0%) on 3rd down conversions. They have been 1-of-5 (20.0%) on fourth down makes an attempt.
– Defensive again Jarques McClellion set a career-high with a team-high 8 tackles on Saturday.
– Defensive take on Robert Cooper had a couple of tackles and now has 100 for his Seminole profession.
– FSU completed with 4 sacks at the day for 14 yards.
– FSU had a season-high 11.0 tackles for loss.
– Defensive finish Keir Thomas set a profession excessive with 3.0 tackles for loss and tied a profession excessive with 2.0 sacks. Thomas has 5.5 sacks over the last 4 video games. His 12.0 tackles for loss path defensive finish Jermaine Johnson II (17.0) for the crew lead.
– Johnson had one take on for loss Saturday and leads the ACC.
– Defensive finish Derrick McLendon II and defensive take on Fabien Lovett each had 1.0 sacks at Boston College. McLendon is 3rd at the crew with 3.5 for the season, in the back of Johnson (11.0) and Thomas (6.5).
– Linebacker Kalen DeLoach had 2.0 tackles for loss, together with FSU’s first protection of the season on a 6-yard loss in the second one quarter.
– Safety Akeem Dent‘s interception with 1:42 final within the fourth quarter was once the primary of his profession and prolonged FSU’s streak of video games with an interception to seven, the longest since 2007.
– Florida State has recorded 13 general takeaways within the final seven video games.
– FSU’s 3 first-half issues allowed have been the fewest first-half issues allowed in an ACC highway sport since 2017 in opposition to Duke (additionally 3).
– Punter Alex Mastromanno had 4 punts downed throughout the 20, together with 3 throughout the 10. Mastromanno has 87 consecutive punts with out a touchback (the one touchback of his profession was once vs. Georgia Tech in 2020, his first collegiate sport).
– Kicker Ryan Fitzgerald is now 10-of-13 on box function makes an attempt this season, after creating a 36-yard try on Saturday.
– Linebacker Jadarius Green-McKnight made his first look of the season.
– Boston College had the ball for 32:02 on Saturday, whilst FSU had it for 27:58 all through the sport.
– With Saturday’s victory, FSU is now 14-5 all-time in opposition to Boston College, together with 8-3 in Chestnut Hill. FSU has 3 immediately wins within the sequence and has received two consecutive video games in Chestnut Hill.
– Saturday marked BC’s first lack of the season when quarterback Phil Jurkovec began the sport.
Portions from FSU’s notes
#ultimate #notes #FSUs #victory #Boston #College