3 new COVID-19 deaths in Lincoln
LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) – The Lincoln Lancaster County Health Department reported Tuesday that 3 extra other folks have died from COVID-19.
Pat Lopez, Director of the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department, mentioned the deaths have been all men – one in his 40s, one in his 50s and one in his 70s. Lopez mentioned two of the 3 individuals who died weren’t vaccinated.
The well being division mentioned there have been a complete of 274 COVID-19 circumstances over the vacation weekend: 139 Saturday, 76 Sunday, 59 Monday. On Tuesday, 159 new COVID-19 circumstances have been reported in Lancaster County.
Lopez mentioned our neighborhood misplaced 30 other folks to COVID-19 in August, with 9 of the ones below the age of 60. Lopez mentioned all 9 have been unvaccinated and incorporated 2 other folks of their 50s, 3 other folks of their 40s, 3 other folks of their 30s and one particular person of their 20s.
Lopez mentioned our neighborhood misplaced 52 other folks to COVID-19 from March – August, with 83 % of the ones other folks now not vaccinated.
COVID-19: For the week finishing Sept 3, here is a breakdown in circumstances through age in Lincoln/Lancaster…
— Bill Schammert (@BillSchammert) September 7, 2021
Hospitalizations for COVID-19 sure sufferers: 93 with 63 from Lancaster County (4 on ventilators) and 30 from different communities (4 on ventilators)
Risk Dial: mid-orange, top chance of COVID-19 unfold and have an effect on in the neighborhood
Directed Health Measure: The present DHM is efficacious thru September 30 and features a masks requirement for all folks ages 2 and older irrespective of vaccination standing. More knowledge at the well being measure and mask is to be had at lincoln.ne.gov/DHM and lincoln.ne.gov/masks.
Vaccinations administered (vaccination purpose is 75%):
- Initiated vaccinations (first doses): 197,622
- Completed vaccinations (2nd doses and J&J vaccine): 184,309
- Residents age 16 and older who’re absolutely vaccinated: 71.6%
Upcoming vaccination clinics (topic to switch; walk-ins welcome in any respect places):
- Wednesday, September 8, 4 to six p.m., LLCHD, 3131 O St. first and 2nd doses
- Friday, September 10, 9 a.m. to two p.m., LLCHD first and 2nd doses; 4 to five p.m., Gathering Place, 1144 M St. first and 2nd doses, walk-ins handiest
- Monday, September 13, 9 a.m. to two p.m., LLCHD first and 2nd doses
- Wednesday, September 15, 3 to five p.m., Nebraska Wesleyan University, Acklie Hall of Science, 4950 Baldwin Ave. first and 2nd doses
- Friday, September 17, 9 a.m. to two p.m., LLCHD first and 2nd doses
Copyright 2021 KOLN. All rights reserved.